Vincentians and Lent
VIncentians and Lent
Lent was a special time for Vincent de Paul
Way of the Cross in a Vincentian Perspective
(In reverse chronological order as they appeared on famvin)
- Mel Gibson's "The Passion" An extensive list of resources that can serve as a starting point for further study.
Additional Stations woven around Vincentian concerns
- Stations of the Corss and Homelessnes
- Recognize the Parallel situations in our own times
- San Francisco
- Members of Most Holy Redeemer Roman Catholic Church, St. Francis Lutheran Church, and the Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist joined in a "stations" walk yesterday from San Francisco's very gay Castro district to the heavily Latino Mission district.
Lenten Messages of the Superiors General
- Gregory Gay - Lenter Letters 2004 -
Lenten Themes in the Pages of VINCENTIANA
- Dark Side of the Vincentian Charism John Prager, CM
- Almsgiving The Jubilee in St. Vincent's Thought
- A Spiritualilty of Justice; A spirituality of the Poor Fr. Dan Borlick, CM
Lent in the Vatican
Lent 2007 Word of the Holy Father - Lenten Stations - Lenten Music - Calendar of Celebrations - Live
- [http://www.cantalamessa.org/en/preaching.htm Lenten Homilies Preached to the Pope by Raniero Cantalamessa
- John Paul's Meditations ont he Way of the Cross to the Colesseum
- Paul VI Stations of the Cross
Lent and the US Catholic Conference
- Resources of r Lent and East Bishop's Committee on the Liturgy
- Penetiential Practices for Today's Catholics
Other selected resources
- Bread on the Waters One of the most heavily visited sites on the Internet for material on lent and the Passion. During the Lent the entry page to this site features an incredibly rich covariety of perspectives.
- Daily Lenten Meditations on Justice and Peace A series done a number of years ago by Cathoic Worker Robert Walkdrop but still relevant.
Mel Gibson's "The Passion"
- Stations of the Cross from World Youth Day (Requires RealPlayer)