Spiritual Moderator: Responsibilities
Spiritual Modeerator: Responsibilities
- To advise and lend support to the activity and projects the association has to help the poor and disadvantaged, and to support activities which help to meet the pressing needs of the Church today, according to the teaching of Vatican II and in the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul.
- To help the members to see the face of Christ in the poor and to promote solidarity with the poor among the members.
- To assist in helping increase the membership of the association and to encourage all members to take an active or supportive role in the activities of the association.
- To participate, when feasible, in the yearly LCUSA National Assembly and to share in the exchange of ideas with other moderators/advisors.
- To assist in the promotion of the work of the LCUSA and AIC. (see Handbook for Presidents, Roles and Responsibility for Spiritual Moderators and Spiritual Advisors)
- To pray and to encourage the members to pray for the needs of the local, national, and international associations.
- The Roles and Responsibilities for Sister Moderators and Spiritual Advisors taken from the Handbook for Presidents, revised 2002.
In what ways can I strengthen my skills to be a good communicator of the Vincentian mission?
In what ways can I challenge myself and my association to be creative and inventive in providing compassionate service to those who are poor?
In what ways can I challenge myself and my association to see the face of Christ in the poor and to promote solidarity with the poor?
Loving God, it is not enough to be engaged in the service of the poor, although this a blessing. What is necessary is above all to be very gentle and courteous toward the poor. I know they are my masters and that I must love them tenderly and respect them deeply. May I never take the attitude of merely getting the task done, but show affection, serving from the heart, inquiring of them what are their needs and speaking gently and compassionately. This I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen Adapted from writings of Louise, p 129, 320, 773.
- Eph 5:1-7 Follow Christ by loving as he loved.
- Is 42:1-4 Here is my servant whom I uphold.
- Deut 7:12-15 Listen to these ordinances, be true to them.