15.--The formation of clerics in seminaries, a work of the Congregation from its beginnings, is to be effectively renewed where needed.
In addition, members should afford spiritual assistance to priests both in the work of their ongoing formation and in promoting their pastoral zeal. They should work to encourage in them the desire of fulfilling the Church's option for the poor. They should also devote themselves to motivating and suitably preparing lay people for the pastoral ministries necessary in a Christian community.
Finally, members should teach clerics and laity to work together and to support one another in the process of forming a Christian community.
- The Clergy in the France of St. Vincent (L. Mezzadri) Vincentiana 2000, issue 3, p 193
- The Priestly Journey of St. Vincent de Paul. The Beginnings: 1600-1612 (J.M. Román) Vincentiana 2000, issue 3, p 207
- The Mission and Vocation of the Priest According to St. Vincent de Paul. (R. Facélina) Vincentiana 2000, issue 3, p 218
- San Vincent de Paul, Formator of Priests (S. Wypych) 229
- St. Vincent, Priest of Charity at the Service of the Poor. Caring for Spiritual and Temporal Needs. (Á. Quevedo) Vincentiana 2000, issue 3, p 239
- Collaborating in Formation for Evangelization - The Raison d'etre of the Congregation of the Mission and the Seminary Apostolate in California, U.S.A. by Richard Benson, C.M.
- Being a Vincentian. Being a Formator (R.P. Maloney) 115
- International Formation Center: St. Vincent de Paul (CIF) (May 24, 1999) 144
- Formation of diocesan clergy and laity - P. Aurelio Londozo, C.M.
- Alternative Methods for the Formation of the Clergy - Alfonso Mesa, C.M.