Personal Reflection Questions
UNIT I - INTRODUCTION AND LETTER
Letter to Daughters of Charity
..."Constitutions create a sacred dwelling place within you."
- What do you do personally to nourish that space?
- How does your community life nurture that space?
- How does your experience of that sacred space free you in your ministry?
"The goal of a constitution is not to control our lives, but rather to create an environment where we can express what is deepest within us."
Recall a time when you felt free to express that which is deep within you:
- What gave you that freedom? people? place? other?
"Constitutions are meant to free us to love." "...they seek to create a free and open space in your lives where God can touch you with his loving presence.."
- How have you experienced God touching you with his loving presence?
- How do the constitutions affect your daily living?
- Do the constitutions speak to you of Vincent? How?
- Why have constitutions at all?
UNIT II - CONSTITUTIONS 1 AND 2
Purpose of the Congregation
..."make every effort to put on the spirit of Christ himself."
- How do people recognize the spirit of Christ within you?
- What do you do to nourish that spirit?
..."work at evangelizing the poor..."
- Who are the poor in your life?
- How are you poor?
..."help the clergy and laity in their formation..."
- What are you doing to further your own formation?
..."the Congregation...should take care to open up new ways and use new means adapted to the circumstance of time and place."
- What are you doing to learn about and use "new ways and new means": personally? ministerially?
- How have changes challenged you to "resond to new needs"?
UNIT III - CONSTITUTION 3
- How do your vows "...promote the evangelization of the poor"?
- How do you explain your Vincentian vocation as a "mission and a call to holiness in and for the world"?
- What impact do your vows have on your daily life? on your relationships?
- Who/what incluenced your choosing to be a Vincentian?
- Do you actively encourage others to choose religious life?